The United Kingdom is a fascinating country to visit. Home to a rich history, interesting culture, fabulous architecture, and picturesque landscapes, the UK is a favorite tourist destination amongst people all around the world. Moreover, many people visit the country for business purposes as well. However, before you make your plans and start packing for your trip in the UK, you need to apply for a UK visit visa
. The UK visa application process involves various steps, including submitting the application form along with the supporting documents, paying the visa fee, and attending the interview. While it is important to submit the right documents, it is equally important to crack the UK visa interview in order to get your UK visa. Here we provide you with all the important steps to crack the UK visa interview.
Things You Need to Crack Your UK Visa Interview Easily
Submit the Right Documents and Schedule an Interview:
Before you reach the interview process, you need to complete the initial steps that form the base of your UK visa application.
- The first step is to fill in the UK visa application form. It is important to fill in the form completely and correctly. The details provided in the form should match the details provided in the supporting documents.
- Your passport should have a minimum validity of 3 months from the date of returning from the UK.
- Along with the visa application form, you need to submit supporting documents like bank statements, recent photographs, detailed travel itinerary, UK visa invitation letter, etc.
- Once the documents are ready, you need to submit the application form and documents online.
- The next step is to pay the visa fee. The amount will depend on the type of UK visa you are applying for.
- After you pay the fee, the next step is to schedule the visa interview. You will receive confirmation of your appointment via email.
On the Day of the Interview:
It is extremely important to be punctual for your UK visa interview. Arriving late can lead to the cancellation of your interview and maybe your visa application as well. Hence, it is best to arrive at least 30 minutes before the scheduled time. Carry the originals of all the documents you have submitted online. However, do not carry heavy luggage for your interview. Just a folder with all your papers will suffice.
After You Enter the UK Consulate or Embassy:
Your visa interview is likely to last for 30 minutes. Before the interview, you will have to go through security checks. You will also have to wait in the queue for your turn. If you are planning to stay in the UK for more than 6 months, you will have to provide your biometrics as well. During the interview, the visa official will verify your original documents and ask you a few questions related to your UK travel. It is important to answer all the questions truthfully and confidently.
Commonly Asked UK Visa Interview Questions
Here are some of the most commonly asked UK visa interview questions with answers:
1.Why do you want to visit the UK?
Here you need to state the reason for visiting the UK clearly. It could be for tourism, to meet family or friends, or for business. Keep your answer simple and short.
2.Have you visited the UK before?
If you have visited the country before, say yes, and if you haven’t, say no. It is important to be truthful here. The visa office might check your travel history to validate your answer.
3.How long are you planning to stay in the country?
Here, you can state the date you are planning to fly to the UK
and the date you will be returning to Dubai.
4.Are you sponsoring your UK trip?
If the answer to this question is yes, you will have to provide proof of your financials like a bank statement to assure the visa officer that you have enough funds to cover your travel expenses when in the UK. On the other hand, if someone in the UK (a family or friend) is sponsoring your trip, you will have to provide proof of their financial background.
5.What do you do?
Here you need to mention your profession and whether you are self-employed, an employee, or a retired person.
6.Are you planning to work in the UK?
If you are applying for a tourist or visitor visa, you need to say no to this question. You have to assure the visa officer that you will be returning to Dubai before your visa expires.
7.Do you have relatives in the UK?
The answer to this question should be yes if you have relatives living in the UK. You will also have to explain your relationship with them to the visa office. You may also have to provide their address and other details during the interview.
8.Are you travelling to the UK on your own or with someone?
The answer is straightforward here, and you need to answer accordingly. If you are a married person and are travelling alone, you would be asked why your spouse is not accompanying you. Answer this question clearly and truthfully.
9.Where will you stay in the UK?
If you are staying at a hotel, mention the name and address of the hotel, and if you are staying at the residence of a family member or friend, you need to provide the address of the person.
Points to Consider During UK Visa Interview
Here are some important things you need to remember while attending your UK visa interview:
- Choose to wear formal clothes for your interview to make an impression. Avoid clothes that are too colorful or grand. Dress up smartly and keep accessories to a minimum.
- Reply to the questions confidently and politely. Do not raise your voice or behave rudely at the consulate.
- Always answer truthfully. Remember that every answer of yours is verified. If the visa officer comes to know that you have lied during the interview, it may lead to rejection of your visa application.
Cracking the UK visa interview is a piece of cake if you are prepared for it. Keep your papers ready, arrive on time, and answer all the questions truthfully and confidently to make sure that your UK visa application is approved.